Posts

Monday, July 11, 2011

Nokia N8


This video is somewhat older for the original purposes of this blog, but that doesn't make it any less of a perfect example of creative advertising. I absolutely love this video.

In fact, I am just a huge fan of stopmotion as a media. Having done one myself (removed from Youtube for copyright infringement...), I can appreciate the creativity, time commitment, and message behind the work that goes into a stopmotion film. My best friend Tucker Barrie and I (currently in school for Directing - I would be wise to follow that path...) created a stopmotion film early in high school just for the sheer fun of it. It took 8 months and 3000+ photographs. But we did it.

In the above commercial, it depicts a story of a little girl running away from what could be argued as a nightmare. It is a fantasy world with innovated setting design from everyday objects. What makes this stopmotion so incredible is that everything is macroscaled - incredibly small but not microscopic. It was shot with a telescoping attachment on the Nokia N8 camera.

The style is adorable, the music is carefree and whimsical, and the color and design are phenomenal. It would be a dream job of mine to be able to do creative things like this, awe the world, and change the face of standard public media while having fun. This is a rare gem when it comes to advertising as not many companies would dare to put that much thought into their advertisements.

Much like this commercial for Lego. It has an unparalleled tone and feel to it that can only come with a stopmotion video. It becomes a fantastic incredible sensation of "Wow, that is breathtaking." I definitely feel that in Coldplay's music video for Strawberry Swing.

If I get into movie making, you can bet yourself that my biggest and most renowned works would be with Tucker, doing stopmotion.



No comments:

Post a Comment