Posts

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Diary Queen

Dairy Queen.

Suddenly, I have become enthralled with the New Dairy Queen Marketing Strategy.

I used to find the old commercials incredibly boring and almost annoying. They would have those lips talk about their specials and boast their ice cream products... Not that their ice cream is bad, but I don't typically think of going to DQ when I want some...

I am not sure how long they have been doing this, but now they are taking it to a whole new level. Their new campaigns with the mustached man describing how they don't stop at "good enough" is brilliant. It is ludicrous and absurd (their claims) but that is what makes them funny and memorable. I appreciate that sort of nonsensical style.

Some of them include - We blow bubbles with kittens in them. We water water ski while boxing. We have rabbits that give old fashioned shaves. We play guitars that make dolphin noises. We have rock n roll falcons. We have ninja towel boys.

I had some pretty bad feelings about Dairy Queen before these commercials. Back home, I know the family who owns a DQ. They aren't exactly the nicest people and the quality of employees they hire isn't something I am a fan of. You could say I haven't had the best experiences there. With these new commercials, I am reminded that DQ is a brand outside of Kohler with a marketing team and corporate strategy.

These commercials are just well done. A little quirky, rediculous, and comical, but on message.

(I like being able to refer to my blog to find links I have found - or put collections of related links for saving. It is just convenient when I tell my friends to watch something, and they become easier to find on my blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment